Self care is one of the most fundamental priorities in life that most of us choose to neglect. The ideal of actually worrying about ourselves, what we need, and what makes us feel better could sometimes be a scary thought. When it’s not a scary thought, it turns into pure laziness because we feel like everything else in our lives is more important than something to feel better like a bubble bath or spa treatment. Most of the time, we put it off to the side because we feel selfish. This is actually one of the times you should be selfish! Tuh! If you ask me, I’d say loving myself is more selfless because it is as important as breathing.
I created Sage Me Down, my holistic website, to promote awareness for self love, self care, and holistic living. I believe that taking care of your mind, body and soul not only shows an act of love but also discipline. It’s like telling yourself “Hey! I love you, I care about you, and I appreciate you.” There are multiple ways to show yourself you care. You just have to be adamant about sticking to these testaments. So many people don’t know where to even begin but, don’t worry I’ll show you some ways you can actually practice self care.
- Prayers, chanting and meditation: The perfect way to show yourself that you care is to take a minute, breathe, and thank the divine for your blessings even through your hardest times. Take time to manifest the positive things you want in your life and take time to focus on you.
- Focus on your senses: Your five senses are perfect ways to practice self love. Eat something nice like your favorite dessert or food for taste. Light a candle or incense for smell. Listen to a good frequency song for sound. Go outside and experience the beauty of nature for sight. Massage your body for touch. These practices will increase your self love tremendously.
- Take a bath: Spiritual baths are perfect ways to relax and debrief. Adding certain types of herbs and oils act as a perfect recipe for a self love bath.
- Mantras: Repeat mantras out loud. They automatically increase your vibrations. Words like “I love myself, I love the universe, I am thankful for my blessings, and I will continue to spread my love into the world.”
- Research: Look up videos and articles, to help you on your journey to self love. Remember, knowledge is power.
I practically gave away my best kept secrets but, I thought I’d share them with you. I hope these tips and tricks definitely help you lovely ladies gain more insight on self care. Keep practicing because self care is so essential for a healthy life.